Sunday, November 11, 2007

CYA

So my wife got into a very minor fender bender this past week. No damage to our fender (front), maybe a scratch to the other fender (rear). She exchanged license and insurance information with the other driver and they both moved on.

She called our insurance company and passed on the information. You don't have collision, we're not going to pay for any damage! she was told. I know, she replied. There is no damage. I'm doing what the back of the insurance card says. You can't get a rental car, you did not accept that service! she was told. I know, she replied. There is no damage. I don't need a rental car. I'm just doing what the back of the insurance card requests, reporting an accident.

About a half-hour later the telephone rings. It was a different person from the insurance company. Asking to speak to me. Why, she asked? To talk to him about the accident he was in. But he wasn't in an accident, she replied. I was.

After that was straightened out, she was again told that they would not pay for damage and she couldn't get a rental car.

The mail yesterday contained a letter. Addressed to me. Regarding "my" accident. It seems that the insurance company won't pay for any damage to the car because we don't have collision and they aren't going to pay for a rental car.

Oh. My. Aching. Head.

No comments: