Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Holiday Feast: Roasted Chicken

Since some of the folks that we expected today only ate chicken, I made some roasted chicken. Since the standing rib roast (mostly the roasting pan and rack!) took up so much room in the oven, I ended up cooking the chicken on the grill.

My basic recipe is quite simple: Wash and dry the chicken (in this case, I used a combination of thighs, legs and wings). Lightly coat in oil (I use olive oil). Sprinkle with salt and pepper and any other spices you care (I used crushed rosemary and sage).

Place on grill on low heat, turn every fifteen minutes or so. After about 45 minutes, check to see if done by cutting into thicker pieces. Meat should be white all the way through, the area around the bone should not be red, any juices should be clear.

Easy as cake. I don't know why some people consider chicken such a mystery.

No comments: