Thursday, May 06, 2010

Fred's Reading Report (March and April 2010)

Until life is "normal" again, it looks like this is going to be a report every other month. I'm reading (and listening) more, but posting this always seems to be sidetracked (or sideswiped).

Short works? Holy fracking frell, 783 short pieces! I am reading short works, but made the decision to include the audio bits (as opposed to musical bits) that I listen to on my iPod. You can really see how much driving I've done this year plus how I've switched from watching television to listening to audio bits during the evening.

Long works? Moving along nicely at 40 books.

Best reads for March and April include...

Lois McMaster Bujold: Starting to re-read the bulk of her tales, Miles Vorkosigan series (although it encompasses more than Miles) as a run up to the next installment of the series (due November 2010). I am again struck by how good an author Bujold is, even her earliest books hold up.

Peter S. Beagle: See my review as to why I overlooked this collection. Putz.

There were several strong entries in this year's Rumors of War category.

Overall, a good year of reading (better than a bad year of life as it has been!).

FTC Disclaimer: All bought! By me!

No comments: