Thursday, December 16, 2010

2010: Odyssey Two

We're heading into the home stretch and if I find the time/energy I should be making a number of (mostly book-related) postings by the end of the year. Time to wind down!

What a year. I have never felt more exhausted, tired, depressed at times. My father died in January, my in-laws have faced a series of health-related issues the entire year. The job is in stasis, no news on the upgrade and if rumors about the incoming administration are at all accurate, it won't make much difference, nohow. I continue to have joint difficulties, to be sure I am not in "extreme" pain, but constant low-level pain gnaws at your soul as well. Nightmares continue to echo from the year of the last Clarke novel, as it were.

Sure am a happy camper, am I not?

Let's not even trot down the path of the economy, politics (let alone elected officials) and the overall tone of "social discourse" of late. We just put the FUN in dysfunctional, don't we all?

Ah yes, update. Less than four hours after getting out of the hospital, my father-in-law is back in. With a broken hip.

GOOD NIGHT, NURSE.

No comments: