Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Compleat Star Trek Fanboi

The Complete Starfleet Library. Come on, admit how many of these items you once owned...

I'm amazed at the number of titles I owned and read or just read. For example, I read this one in a local drugstore (once the main source, along with soda shops, of books for me). Our school used to have a twice-yearly visit from some sort of bookseller who would set up a trailer, I recall buying this, this, this and others. After I started reading Alan Dean Foster's Humanx Commonwealth novels from Ballantine, they started publishing his novelizations of the short-lived animated series.

I am such a geek.

My favorites? Blish and Foster rank up there, as that is where I started. Authors have come and gone, and I've pretty much ignored the entire field for years. However, when I purged my collection, this is one of the few that I kept, as it is one damn fine novel.

No comments: