Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fantastic Voyage

The unstoppable Winchell Chung sent me a series of links revolving around the Proteus, the submarine from the classic science fiction film Fantastic Voyage (still not remade, and I hope they never do remake it!).

Here's a series of shots of the model used in the film. The full-scale mockup. The "surgical laser" in its mount and an exterior shot of the sub.

Finally, a series of CAD drawings of the vehicle along with a model kit. I'm not sure whether the model was used to help do the CAD drawings or the model came as a result of the CAD drawings.

Loved that movie, as cheese-filled as it was. I wore out my paperback novelization by Isaac Asimov, between reading, re-reading, and loaning it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does anybody have the schemata for Raquel Welch?