Thursday, February 02, 2012

Is There An Echo In Here?

In the inbox today:

emma@amplifiedmedia.org via www.amplifiedmedia.org
5:32 PM (1 hour ago)
to me

Hi Fred, My name is Emma with Amplified Media.

We loved theeternalgoldenbraid.blogspot.com. Thanks to your sharp powers of observation and dry wit, your zingy one liners are invariably hilarious! Moreover, you are a reliable source of greatlinks to the latest astronomy news and pictures. Please email me at emma@amplifiedmedia.org if you are interested in learning more about opportunities to work together. I look forward to hearing from you. Best Regards, Emma Peters AmplifiedMedia.org emma@amplifiedmedia.org


Hmmm...

http://cbcpforlife.com/?p=1125

"My name is Emma with Amplified Media. We were impressed with the quality and scope of cbcpforlife.com. Your site is truly a comprehensive resource portal of digital materials on life and the family. We enjoyed learning more about the RH symposium, and how it really inspired youth."

http://bitsnbobsshowntell.blogspot.com/2012/01/zebra-in-tijuana.html

Hi Chris, My name is Emma with Amplified Media. We were impressed with the quality and scope of bitsnbobsshowntell.blogspot.com. The Christmas advent series you feature on your site is a great way to really get into the holiday spirit. We enjoy your selections, and appreciate you sharing them with your readers! Please email me at emma@amplifiedmedia.org if you are interested in learning more about opportunities to work together. I look forward to hearing from you. Happy Holidays!

http://fasstyle.blogspot.com/2011/12/loved-your-site.html

Loved Your Site! Hi, My name is Emma with Amplified Media. We were impressed with the quality and scope of x-loan.blogspot.com. Finding insurance and loan information has been made simple with the helpful assistance of your fantastic site. The Google alerts you share are a great way to keep up with the latest news! Please email me at emma@amplifiedmedia.org if you are interested in learning about opportunities to work together. I look forward to hearing from you. Happy New Year! Best, Emma Peters amplifiedmedia.org

IS THERE AN ECHO IN HERE?

Pass. As Cordwainer Smith almost said "Spammers live in vain."

Addendum: Thanks to Pat for the comments and this posting as well as some interesting links!

6 comments:

Pat said...

Hi Fred,

Got the same type of e-mail from Emma and thought: what's the catch? How much do I pay?

Thank you for this post.

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

If you look at their website, you'll get a real chuckle. They claim to be internet experts. As somebody who has been on the internet since it was the ARPANET, I find their lack of skills...disturbing.

I get about three or four of these a year from various sources. I ignore them all, but this one generated enough near identical hits that I just had to post.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cornerstoregoddess said...

I just got an email from them, as well. Thanks for the post.

Smut Clyde said...

"Spammers live in vain."
Having received one of Amplified's invitations -- this one using the nym-de-guerre of Kate -- I am stealing this line.

Our carefully-customised slice of spam reads as follows:
--------------------
My name is Katie with Amplified Media. The views and insights you share
with us on your site are absolutely fascinating. We appreciate that you
share your unique perspective with us on your site, and we always look
forward to seeing what you are going to feature next.

We have clients who are interested in working with eusa-riddled.blogspot.com.
Please email me at katie@amplifiedmedia.org if you would like to learn
more. I look forward to hearing from you!

All the best,
Katie Robertson
katie@amplifiedmedia.org

Nik Nak said...

Just got exactly the same thing, myself: only she wasn’t so … how do I put it … ? Flattering …

Frederick Paul Kiesche III said...

Seems to be a lot of it going around. Hey, Nik Nak, nice to see another Kraftwerk fan around!