Saturday, January 01, 2011

Fred's Reading Report (Year-End Wrap-Up)

Short works: 2948. The addition of short audio works plus trying to do a better job of including non-fiction (especially periodical works) boosted the number. And shows that I drive too much.

Long works: 107 books. Not as much as last year, but still a good number of what seems to be my "typical" year of 60 books. Favorites include Lois McMaster Bujold, David Drake, Freeman Dyson, Jerome K. Jerome, Peter R. Mansoor, Sandy Mitchell, Tim Powers, Charles Stross, James Swallow, Howard Tayler...but to be honest, if I did not toss a book, I enjoyed it. If I don't like a book, I won't finish it and might not even review it.

Lessons learned: I need to write my reviews faster! Or sooner! As usual, I am left with a number of books that I did not write anything about immediately after I finished them...so I never got around to writing anything.

Resolutions (hah): Write reviews sooner! Read more clasics. Read more poetry. Read more periodicals.

Change of direction: Music will be logged this year (2011). Audio shorts will be split off from written shorts. Books will continue to be logged in their own entry.

No comments: