Friday, August 03, 2007

A Hot Cup o' Joe

Just finishing the second cup of coffee of the day. Despite what one John Scalzi might think, it doesn't taste like a##. Hot or cold. Ah well, he's got a thing about cats. Go figure.

I should get outside and start powerwashing the deck. I've been powerwashing the fence for what seems like the whole summer, taking Friday's off in order to get three days in at a stretch. We have a lot of fence. Why? Well, it is a big yard and it is six foot high. Why six foot high you ask? Well, our one dog, the Rhodesian Ridgeback, will jump over a five foot fence.

The deck will take roughly as long. We have a lot of deck. It is probably bigger than most dance floors. We wanted a big deck. I suffer the consequences.

I should be at work today, but the young lady is sick for the second time this week. So rather than having her go to camp and get more sick, it was decided (by me) to keep her home and give her three days to recover. So I'll take the day, and (at some point) get outside and powerwash the deck.

I'm almost done posting my old literary postings from Ye Olde Blog. When that gets wrapped up, I'll start writing new postings for 2007's books and stories read. And post more old stuff, but that's another story.

You may notice that the comments sections of older postings are getting closed off. We keep getting hit with spam. Now, I could keep the comments sections open, and keep swatting spam, but some weekends (it always seems to cycle up on Friday) there's so many spam comments posted that I end up swatting them instead of writing new stuff or posting old stuff.

Ah well, enough rambling. Time to get off the posterior and powerwash the deck. See me moving?

No comments: