Monday, May 18, 2009

Yea, Verily, I Have Been Much Absent of Late...

Last week was Carnival Week and I worked the kitchen again. Saturday (4 hours), Monday (five or six hours), Tuesday (8 hours), Wednesday (8 hours), Thursday (8 hours), Friday (12 hours), Saturday (16 hours) and Sunday (11 hours). Those are approximations, but you'll see why I have been "invisible".

A lot of hours, but that is nothing compared to some of the folks who do this year after year. The planning process is year-round and things start getting more and more active from around January or so of each year.

I've got blisters on my fingers!

Anyway, I'll try to catch up. I'll also probably post my "Carnival Shuffle", list of songs played while slaving over that hot stove, cooking batch after batch of meatballs, sausage, onions, peppers, pretzels and more!

No comments: