Saturday, September 05, 2009

The Grand Conspiracy

Any day now the bookstores will be flooded with the latest piece of pulp by that Brown fella. I thought his most recent book sounded kind of interesting when I heard an interview on the radio where he was joking about conspiracy and such and how he didn't believe in any of what he wrote. Then a few months later, when it became Hot Property, I heard another interview. This time he believed in all that, the Church was acting against him, blah, blah, blah.

Bollocks.

So, in celebration of this upcoming release, let's read something of quality instead. I nominate Umberto Eco. Give The Name of the Rose or Foucault's Pendulum a try.

2 comments:

John Lambshead said...

You mean that you don't believe the genetic descendent of jusus Christ is a French actress?
John

Steven Hart said...

Gawd, I tried reading The Da Vinci Code and the writing was so bad I had to quit after the first dozen or so pages. My ears were ringing from all the clanking and grinding.