Friday, March 09, 2012

Fair Warning

In morning, while at work, before the telephones start ringing and the general level of conversation builds and builds, I keep hearing something.

Something. Scuttling. Rustling. Above my head. In the vents or the pipes or maybe even on the roof. Facilities has looked and claims there is nothing there. No droppings. No nests. No debris. Nothing to make noise. I'm hearing things.

Maybe. Maybe not.

So, I'm putting this out there for all of you. Just in case. Just in case we're ever at a party together. Just in case I start choking and clutching my chest. It won't be food "going down the wrong pipe". It won't be a heart attack.

It'll be your warning that alien chestburster is about to make an appearance. So you all might want to stand back. Just a tad.

No comments: