Thursday, March 01, 2012

February: The Month in Review

So the leap-engorged month comes to a close and I look back at my count. I haven't updated video or audio (either music or podcasts), so I'll leave those alone for now. Just the short and long of it.

Books read for the year-to-date: Four!

Short works read for the year-to-date: 105!

I've been trying to concentrate more on the short end of things this year, both to clear out a backlog and to try and see what all these new kids are writing. But, of course, I then fret that I'm not reading enough long works. You never win!

Highlights for the month include Throne of the Crescent Moon by Saladin Ahmed; Grace Immaculate by Gregory Benford; Gorilla; My Dreams by David Brin (hilarious); Bubba Ho-Tep by Joe Lansdale (now will have to watch the movie again). An overall disappointment have been the various entries in the Zombie vs. Robots series. The best I can say is they were cheap to buy.

No comments: