Sunday, July 18, 2010

Fred's Reading Report (May and June 2010)

Hey, it's halfway through July...what the? Real Life (TM), folks, Real Life (TM).

The Year in Shorts stands around 1042 entries, mostly audio, but is hopelessly outdated. Still a good number, both in terms of entries and showing you how much time is spent on the road these days!

Books? I've read a few...

Robert Lynn Asprin: Another Fine Myth.

Anthony Bourdain: Medium Raw.

Lois McMaster Bujold: Shards of Honor, Barrayar, The Warrior's Apprentice, The Vor Game.

Jim Butcher: Storm Front, Fool Moon.

Stieg Larsson: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Craig M. Mullaney: The Unforgiving Minute.

J.R.R. Tolkien: The Tolkien Reader.

Fifty-two books for the year-to-date. A pretty good number. The odd thing is that it really hasn't clicked up since July started. Oh, I'm reading a number of books. I just find myself increasingly fragmented by other things, so I have not been reading as much. So I have a number of half-completed books, but only a couple finished since the end of June. Time to stop starting new books and start finishing old books...plus I have a sneaking suspicion that I have finished a few and forgotten to enter them into "the system".

FTC Disclaimer: If you haven't figured it out by now...all purchased...if they were gifts, they were given to me by people who also spent money to purchase them.

No comments: