Friday, August 01, 2008

Fred's Reading Report (June and July 2008)

I never got around to posting my June report, due to that thing called Real Life. Here's a combined report for June and July.

I'm happy to report that I not only reached, but have now surpassed my goal of reading one short work per day. The rest of the year will hopefully be spent in finishing up some anthologies and essay collections that have been unfinished for one or more years, plus whatever I've started this year but have yet to finish. Current count, as of August 1, 2008, is at 388 short works.

As for book-length works, I read nine in June and twelve in July. Oddly enough, I still feel like I'm not reading that much. Go figure! Count for the year is 51, which includes various anthologies covered in the other list. My usual minimum over the past several years has been 60 books per year, so I'm getting close to that. Of course, that number is skewed by this year (122 books) and a few other years.

No comments: