Friday, August 01, 2008

A is for Apple

I know very little about Halo, given a general lack of interest in computer gaming (something I've mused about in the past). Maybe someday I'll plunk down the $$$ for an Xbox or a Wii or a Whatever. My only connection with Halo are little Halo figures that march across the top of my computer (from a board game that appears to have already died), some CD's of music (not the first time I've gotten hooked on a soundtrack well before seeing the source) and a book of designs for the game. Plus one novel, that made so little sense that I stopped reading it (this was before the Giant Tobias Buckell Announcement, of course).

And now this...for educating young FPS types, I guess. An alphabet based on dead characters from the game. Via BoingBoing (where else?).

The game seems tailor-made for me, given various interests (military, science fiction). So what is missing? A gap in my DNA? Maybe in my transcriptase?

No comments: