Monday, August 10, 2009

Site Update (An Occasional Feature)

Things have been crazy of late, more so than usual. I was hoping that the summer would see a slowing of the pace, but that was not to be. My father's illness (physical end) has gotten worse and now dementia has set in; to be honest, he is pretty much a very cranky two-year-old in many ways. A very big two-year-old. I don't know how my mother can do it! So I help out when I can, going up on weekends and spent all of last week "dad sitting".

This site gets updated, but I realized that a lot of what I update is "invisible". Whenever I finish a book, for example, I update the current The Year in Books posting. But you don't "see" that unless you hunt for it. I thought that perhaps I'll toss up the occasional blog update, showing what pages have been changed in the recent days/weeks/months.

So...what has been updated?

2009: The Year in Books

2009: The Year in Shorts

2009: The Year in Current Reads

Bertrand R. Brinley: Richard the Deep Breather.

Freeman Dyson: The Scientist as Rebel.

Larry Niven: Tales of Known Space.

Patrick O'Brian: Down to the Sea in Ships. Two Years Before the Mast.

Lewis Thomas: Late Night Thoughts on Listening to Mahler's Ninth Symphony.

No comments: